Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Homeschooling Adventure: Extra Curricular with who?

Psalm 92: 1 "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:"

I have labeled one of my teaching slots (if I can call it that) 'Extra Curricular'.  It includes Home Economics, Music, Art, Computer Time, Learning Games, Public Library visits and Foreign Language.  I actually have two outside teachers to help me with two of the subjects in that slot: my mother (Ba - shortened version for Grandma in Japanese) and my mother in law (Mammie). 

My mother in law has taught preschool for many years and was a teachers assistant for a number of years as well.  She plans to help me with most of my Art classes.  She has also volunteered to do my laundry.  : )



Our first day with Mammie.

Mammie is reinforcing our Social Studies lesson about family in her first Art Class.



Watercolors!!!


Iggy painting mommy's dress.


Inky working hard too!



Iggy loves to use scissors.  Unfortunately, her scissor adventures lead her to the brown locks of her sister's head.  The evidence was found in her own hand.  Thankfully, Inky's hair is wild and crazy to begin with and you can barely tell.


Inky wasn't at all too happy that it was time to put the paints away.


I love little kid drawings.  


Our painted family.  : )



My mother (from Okinawa, Japan) will be teaching Iggy Japanese Language and writing and then will be heading with me and the girls on our weekly grocery run after school is out.  I don't know about you but 4 hands is better than 2 when it comes to grocery shopping with children.











Our first day with Ba.

Ba showing Iggy how to bow Japanese style.  Bowing takes the place of handshaking.



Iggy bowing in return.





Basic Japanese characters






Inky trying some Japanese too.




Iggy's name in Japanese at the top left of the page.  Pretty easy.




Iggy telling Ba that two of the characters look alike.






All in all, it was a good first day with Ba in Japanese Class.  The first class gave Ba some new ideas for the next class.

Gotta give more than a few hip hip hoorays for those blessings.  I am thankful that God placed these two helpful moms in my life.

As far as the other subjects, I plan to rotate them on the other days.  Public library visits will be once weekly if I can fit it in. 

Hope this all pans out. 
Wish me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment